Saturday 5 September 2015

Pretense

Our smiles were like roses
Grown on thorns.
We knew we would one day
Pierce the hearts of each other
And the memories we both share
Would be like a waterfall of tears
Washed down on a sandy beach.
With nothing left to be reminded of.




But we chose to find solace in pretense
And each day,
We played along
Dancing and crying
To the sound of our heartbeat.




Time became our enemy
And with distance we all became Hafizes
And allowed tears to became the testament we all memorized.




But deep in my solitude
I prayed and hoped
You will remember me
Even when the moon is on the East.
 I hope and pray
You will place my love on top
And remember that
Our love was a toddler --
So beautiful and innocent --
But it was kwashiorkored and with time
It died in our arms
And we buried it in our hearts
Without bothering to mourn over it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment