Wednesday 6 April 2016

Ashawo Lane (Part IV)



Skirts raised***
These marks like my shame
Are all over me like a rash.
Hold my breast
Fell my other 'body parts'
For your own amusement!

We are in the time
When tunes played make me erupt like a volcano!

Skirts down *****
Through the sirens,
You hear politicians say
"Vote for me and I will serve you."

Eyes closed*****
What I have learnt from the #AshawoLane
Is a lesson to be sang like a song.

Sighs*****
When politicians say
"I will serve you"
It means
"Vote for me so that you serve me"
Or in my case
"Vote for me so I serve you
And
Eat you up for free."

Well my thighs during these times
Are tables
On which highly inflated contracts
Are signed!

Breathe out.
I'm exhausted already.

P/S: Upon all the poems dubbed #AshawoLane, this one is my favorite and captures the concept I want to put across. Meet me at the #AshawoLane for my detailsSHAWOLALANE

0 comments:

Post a Comment