Tuesday 17 December 2013

My soul needs reconstruction



My friends used to tell me
“You are the most handsome guy I have ever seen”
I walk around smiling to myself
But in the dark, I brush my hair


And ask the mirror
“Does this all matter?”
Does what I choose to wear matter?
I want to be the most fashionable boy in the party


It is just a stage
 I question this beauty
Which has made me do all those worst things
I don’t need a surgery to make me handsome


It is my past that needs to be reconstructed.
Vanity is the disease that is killing us
Six packs, nice skin colour, permed hair
Which of these is important?


Just to get that compliment from my friends
 All these nice things and possessions
Can’t be compared to having a beautiful past
And a nice future


PHOTO CREDIT: www.tobyhuddlestone.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment