Wednesday 1 October 2014

The pain in rejection by J.Y. FRIMPONG and OSOMFO KWASI DANSO

You ignore me like I am half alive
You treat him with kindness for he just came
From a journey so far away
And I become the one whose value
Is just as the rubbish you throw away
You look at me and all
What you see is a lump of waste
But just remember that with time and distance
You will grow cold and miss me.
When I am away, you would wish that
I was here but I will be away out of your reach
 
 
 
The tributary of the eye wails with pain
But still remains a thin line of tear
Soaked in the existence of affection of the sight
Your care sits at the outskirts of your soul
I do not find solace at the banks of your heart anymore
'Cos its sand is mixed with writh,
The sign of the shadow wakes the long sleep of distance-and the still wind in this atmosphere plays a dissonance of musical silence
Why,
Do u take my breath out of me?
Is it my continuous presence at your sight?
My heart leaps a beat,
But I speak,
This tributary u disrespect,
Is a royal of a bigger rivulet...
 
 
Can you please not make me sad
For I am just like the other person
I am of flesh, I am of blood
I still have breath in me.
Life still runs through my soul
Treat me like how you are treating
This new person.
For I am always here with you
I can always be there for you
For one day you will miss me
One day, you will wish for my touch,
My warmth.

 My flute of harmony looks more like the noise of the vulture
Left on the land of the filth
The ancient call in your voice is off the hook
And catches no fish in my emotions again
I ply your land even in your dry season-
The waters of my soul flourishes the beauties of the flowers in you
What wrong warrants such treatments?
 
 

My heart weeps
But I won't weep
I will soldier on
Because a day will come
I shall be no more
And you will weep.
That day, you will put me on your shoulder
And take me to the graves
And there will be millions of miles between our hearts
And between the physical realms we live.
So hence, although I am here for you
I will not always be there for you.
Don't weep for me,
All that I want you to do
Is to dine with me on the table of brotherhood
Like what you are doing with the other person
For I am flesh, I am of blood
I am of the soul, but a time will come
I shall be none of what I just said
 
 
 The delectare of comfort lies only in the thoughts and tongues of man
It soothes the soul and elevates the spirit
I need me your consent
As a present to grace my troubled mindset
Time is but a flying piece
My presence won't be felt now but when I pay a visit on the land of the silent majority
But before I do-
I speak with a conscience as I let drip the affection, emotion and care in me
I only endeavor you to make good use of it and drink from its drops
My hope will still survive,
As I await your distant call with patience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment