Sunday 8 March 2015

Body Piano by J.Y. Frimpong, S. Kojo Frimping and Kodwo Hybrid

SKojo


Your body is a heavenly orchestra
Which breaks my soul with joy
You are a romantic poem
Like the sound of a piano
Let me hold on to your body
Like it was a cello, like the one
I wanted once upon a hallucination
Let's forget about time like tomorrow belongs to us
Your body is  a hymn,
The key is like a landscape which slopes high and low
Mesmerising me like a love spell
I can't take my eyes of you for a second
Like the skies and the rainbow
I feel your presence like the birds singing
Songs of redemption to the skies
Your body is a song but a parable
Which no one understands but me


JYF
I dance to the rhythm of your piano
Like a fetish priest whose mind is filled with a million ecstatic tunes!
Each night, my fingers strike beautiful chords
On your body like it was a piano.
Wait! Your body is a piano.
The melody it produces transcends this world, space and time.
I sing to the tune from it in a falsetto.
Its tune is distinct
At times, its like a synthesizer
Other times, I hear it like a drum and move along to its beautiful stroke.
I sing of your body!




Hybrid
Since I heard you like to strum your fingers on keys
I wanted to become a piano
So you can run your fingers up and down the strings in my heart
and in return I produce the music in your eyes
But tonight hold your breath
and allow me to strum my fingers
on your ivory and ebony pearls
stroke the music out of your pianoforte
Hold you close so I can feel the rhythm of your strings grow on my lips
 The high and low of your notes
The soft pitches and sighs of your octave
Be my el piano Italiano
So we can roam the colorful streets of Rome and Paris
Making music with the click of our heels,
the sound of our kiss under the lamp post
the swiftness of our laughter
As I leave my fingerprints on every curve of your grande piano

0 comments:

Post a Comment