Monday 4 May 2015

A poem about heartbreak and ache

Somewhere on the corridors
That's where we first met.
We smiled and we passed away
Never thought that one day,
Our love will end just as it first began.
We used to skip classes
And run to the woods
To talk about the future
Like we were clairvoyants.
Never did we think one day,
It will all be over.
But in another life
I won't let you go.
We kept breaking a lot of promises,
The answer was on our Facebook walls.
But what was really the question;
No one seemed to know.
You were like Coca
And I was cola
With each apart, we made no sense.
So in other life,
I wouldn't be a poet
So that instead of writing words
I would sing for you
All the melody that makes you cry
Now all these words can't build a clock,
It can't rewrite our history.
We should have told each other the truth
But now I bare the brunt.
Whilst you pretend that you left for the best.




Written in 2011



0 comments:

Post a Comment