Wednesday 4 November 2015

#iAMblank (written by J.Y. Frimpong & Ahmed Kofi Kyei Dawoode

I am a white piano
Sitting on roses
Ready to produce the music
That melts the ice in your cup
But
I sit and stare
Because I am blank
And can't produce the music
That makes your heart shine.


I am bleeding out of words
Just to produce a single note that makes your heart blossom
So I close my eyes
Peel my skin
Count my sins
And breathe in
Cause I'm blank

I am a camera
Ready to capture the whole world
In a panorama
But
When those fingers pressed my body
Up and down
I was unable to capture the world
Because I am blank

I am a wall
Contrary to popular beliefs, I do have ears
I hear the desperate cry of the broken hearted
I hear the late night screams
The secrets that you whisper
But I can tell no one
I can only stare back at you unnoticed
Cause I'm blank

1 comment:

  1. nice one there bro.


    I liked this,

    "So I close my eyes



    Peel my skin



    Count my sins



    And breathe in



    Cause I'm blank"

    ReplyDelete