Monday 10 August 2015

Volcano

 

 
The ground splits.
The air turns caustic;
With every air breathed
Dressed like a poisonous love.
 
All I hear are screaming
And all I see is people dying
Flashing lights
With the skies falling on me.
 
There I remembered
The book of Revelations
And how the old saint said
God was going to take his people away.
 
Sure I am no saint
For I have built my life of deceit
In the eyes of the world
Now it has shut them
Leaving me with nowhere else to look up to
What therefore I am
Is a mere hypocrite
Whose smiles are drenched in lethal roses.
 
But who do I run to
As the earth quakes
With people screaming for help?
 
I look at this moment
Like a kaleidoscope of memories
Swimming through the ocean
Like a leaked venom ready
To strike dead all fishes in the waters.
 
Opulence was the goal
But what shall it therefore profit
A man if he loses his soul
While chasing shadows of ghost?
 
Catharsis!
This is when you get drowned in your volcanic lies
With its molten magma burning you to death
With no hand to lift you up.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment