Monday 3 February 2014

My Electric Castle!

Releasing "ELECTRIC CASTLE" was a challenge for me. The fact was that, I had written loads of poems and I didn't know which of them to release. I was in a dilemma between releasing "Men of the moment" which I had worshiped for so long (I actually wrote men of the moment on 27th January, 2013!)

I wrote "ELECTRIC CASTLE" deep in the night. I couldn't sleep so I grabbed a pen and paper and the first line that I wrote was "Please don't leave me in this electric castle". Before I knew it, I had written this weird poem. Immediately after writing it, I slept. I woke up the next morning, read it and re-arrange it.

I was speaking to Emmanuella (a friend on whatsapp) and I consulted her about which poem to release for January, 2014. After giving her all the titles, she told me to release "ELECTRIC CASTLE". She had not read the poem but suggested that I release that one since the title sounded "cool". Secondly she told me that she didn't have to read it because she knew it would be good.

So on January, 20th January, 2014, someone sent me this nice cover art concept and I was like "WOW! This is the cover I need for my castle. So we took for the cover art, I signed on it and then paw! the cover art was released immediately I signed on it.

Still I was doubtful of it's impact because I had poems like '"A BOOK THAT NEVER DIES III: Bonsam", "A BOOK THAT NEVER DIES IV: The Fall of man", "A BOOK THAT NEVER DIES V: The Serpent's wife", "EGYPTIAN", "MEN OF THE MOMENT", "I AM A SOLDIER TO MY EMPTINESS" and all these poems were like OMG.


I told myself that no matter people's response to this poem, I will still love and cherish it as I did when I first wrote it. So on 31st January, 2014. It was released. Immediately after releasing it, I got calls from my friends and my readers telling me how much they loved it. A friend of mine took this snapshot and tagged me on instagram. The caption was "my fav part.......#ElectricCastle #JYF #Poem




Also I have fallen in love with the following tweets :)






And also to all the journalists who published it on their site, I want to say a big thank you for all what you have done for me. Thank you very much Ameyaw Debrah , Zionfelix, Gameli, ThePrinceGhana, 233NewsLive, SpyGhana, ModernGhana among others. Thank you so so much


Well, to tell you the truth, am happy for choosing to release "ELECTRIC CASTLE" over all the poems that I wrote in 2013. And I am also disappointed in +Henry Deey who has promised not to read any poem of mine that is more than 5 lines. Shame on you :P.

However, a lady has saved me from the electric castle so if you are looking for me please don't come there because you won't find me there!

 If you haven't read it, simply visit the #JYFsotre to download or click

0 comments:

Post a Comment